Casement and awning windows are easily cleaned from the interior of the home.
To clean the casement window, follow these steps:
- Turn the screen retainer clips ¼ turn counterclockwise, then remove the screen.
- Clean the interior side of the sash.
- Unlock the window. (photo 1)
- Crank the sash all the way to its full open position.(photo 2 and 3)
- Clean the exterior of the sash by reaching your arm through the space between the mainframe and the sash. (photo 4)
To reinstall the screen, place it into the opening and turn the screen retainer clips ¼ turn clockwise to hold it in place.
Note: Instructions may not apply to egress models.